Why is it so many people rely on lavender for anything that relives anxiety but have like…twelve things for protection?
Here is a list of acceptable substitutes:
- Tuberose (For peaceful sexuality)
- Passion Flower (if you want love as well)
- Ylang Ylang (Especially to battle depression)
- Aloe (for peace of body)
- Heather (Plant it around your home for prolonged peace)
- Hyacinth (Banishment of bad sleep or bad feelings when trying to sleep)
- Gardenia (Especially to escape the sadness of loss)
- Coffee, no really…friggen Coffee is great for nightmare banishment and those repetitive bad thoughts.
- Coriander, especially when worked through kitchen magic and meals.
- Cilantro (For peace of the home, especially through family ties)
- Tobacco (is anyone surprised?)
- Dulse (Sea magic)
- Orange Blossoms (especially if you want to add a dash of happiness)
- Vervaine (Magical Peace)
- Rose (also good for romantic peace, good for healing relationships)
So shame on people who fallback on lavender. So go forth, relax and put yourself at ease.
As an aromatherapist, I can also recommend:
-Sandalwood (Personal favorite)
-Vetiver (Bit of an acquired taste though)
Also, do note that Orange Blossoms are also often called Neroli.
Hope that helps <3
Thank you very much for the additions!